2. Banks across India have proposed to hike ATM charges by Rs 6 per month.
3. A United Nations General Assembly committee adopted a resolution on human settlement on Friday, designating Oct 31 as the World Cities Day.
4. This contribution constitutes the fourth installment of India’s multi-year pledge to provide five million dollars as core predictable funding to UN Women’s resources, and takes India’s existing contribution to USD 4 million to UN Women, so far.
5. An inquiry has been ordered by the government into the shutdown of Isro activities at Indian Research Station ”Bharti” in Antarctica allegedly due to lack of fuel at the remote site and clashes between the team leader and her subordinates.
7. UN General Assembly elected Jordan to the UN Security Council as a non-permanent member on 6 December 2013 to replace Saudi Arabia.
8. Ambassador Ahmet Uzumcu on 4 December 2013 was re-appointed as the OPCW Director General at the 18th Session of the Conference of State Parties. This will be his second term in the office.
9. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)’s out-of-the-box move to woo dollar deposits by protecting banks from currency risks has been a big hit. Banks have managed to mobilise $34 billion in foreign currency deposits since the special swap scheme was flagged off in September.
10. The much-awaited draw for 2014 FIFA World Cup was completed for next year`s finals in the Brazilian resort of Costa do Sauipe.