2. The Supreme Court took suo motu cognisance of a horrific incident of chopping off the right hands of two migrant labourers from Odisha, by a contractor from Andhra Pradesh, in December last year.
3. EGoM approves spectrum usage charge of 5 per cent of annual gross revenue on all new airwaves acquired in auction.
4. Late Governor of Andaman and Nicobar islands constitutes a high level Committee to review safety standards of all tourist vessels.
5. The Sports Ministry has sanctioned a grant of Rs 10,52,000 for purchase of sports equipments and other essential items for the participants of Winter Olympics Games at Sochi, Russia.
6. Chhatrapur is set to become the first ‘Smart Grid Town’ in Odisha with the implementation of the latest technology in power supply system which can withstand very high-speed cyclone with wind speed of around 350-kmph.
7. After several years of demands by some major foreign carriers, Civil Aviation Ministry approved the operations of Airbus A-380s in India at four airports currently equipped to handle these super jumbos.
8. To ensure efficient, transparent and reliable government services are accessible to the common man, the state government notified Haryana e-Seva Scheme for Common Services Centres.
9. India has said it will seek re-election to the UN’s human rights body this year and would continue to strongly push for early reform of the powerful Security Council.
10. Indian music maestro A R Rahman attended the 56th Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.